The utility dsclone (DualShield Clone Tool) is primarily used for setting up a cluster of DualShield servers. DSClone is used to create mirror servers from the primary DualShield server. In addition, DSClone can also be used to move an existing DualShield server to another machine.
- The new machine should have similar hardware as the existing machine.
- The same OS must be installed on the new machine and in a hard disk with the same drive letter.
As a matter of fact, the machine hardwares do not have to be identical. You may have a similar OS instead of identical, for example, SBS 2011 and 2008 R2. But make sure both machines have the same OS architecture, e.g. x86 or x64, and the new machine has sufficient memory for running the Java virtual machine.
- download the clone software "dsrvclone.exe" and place it to a temp folder (e.g. c:\temp) where it is readable and writable;
- open the windows console with administrator priviledge. Go to to the temp folder (c:\temp);
- run dsrvclone.exe. It will self-extract its contents to a sub folder called "clonepack";
- go to the sub folder (c:\temp\clonepack)
- run "dsclone backup";
- wait it to finish;
- copy the whole folder(c:\temp\clonepack) to the new machine;
- run "dsclone deploy" on the new chaine and follow the instructions on the screen.
Is that all? Well, it depends.
If you installed DualShield with the embedded MySQL, then yes, as the clone utility takes care of the duplication of this database.
If you installed DualShield and linked it to an external SQL server that is running on another dedicated machine, the answer is yes as well.
If you installed DualShield and linked it to an external SQL server that is running on the same machine, then you have to install the SQL server on the new machine, and migrate(backup then restore) the database, followed by change of database connection string in server.xml which is located at the folder "C:\Program Files\Deepnet DualShield\tomcat\conf" by default.
You can find the connection string by searching "com.mysql.jdbc.Driver".
Change the IP(FQDN) with the new one, or simply use localhost. Don't forget to restart DualShield service after it.
We also provide Linux version of dsclone, it is basically shell script, you can get the instructions by reading the script itself. I am joking, actually the package includes a text file for the instructions.
As you can imagine, you will need to update the authentication server IP address in agents accordingly.