DualShield Server configuration.
- Go to DMC / Radius / Radius Client, click "Register"
- Provide name, select Radius server and Application, add both NetScaler's IP address & NetScaler Subnet IP address to Radius client's IP address, and share secret. Click "Save"
- Create a fixed radius monitor user in your AD, eg: RadMonitor (note: Excluding this user from using 2 factor authentication)
- Go NetScaler/Traffic Management/Load Balancing/Monitors, click "ADD"
- Give the new monitor name: DSRadius_monitor, type "Radius"
- Click on "Special Parameter" tab, and add the fixed monitor user name, password, and radius shared secret. Click "Create".
- Go to Traffic Management \ Load Balancing \ Servers. Click "ADD".
- Provide Radius servers name and IP. Click "Create"
- Go to Traffic Management \ Load Balancing \ Service. Click "ADD".
- Provide service name, select corresponding server, chose "UDP" protocol, and "1812" port. Click "OK"
- On the monitors section, bind the "Radius_monitor" created in previous step.
- Repeat the steps 5-9 to add all your radius server for load balancing.
- Go to Traffic Management \ Load Balancing \ Virtual Server. Click "ADD".
- Provide virtual server name, protocol "UDP", IP address, and port "1812". Click "OK"
- On the services and service groups section, bind all the radius services created in the previous steps.
- On the method section, chose your ideal load balancing method. Click OK.
That's it. You can now load balancing Radius servers via the Virtual server on NetScaler.