To move a DualShield server to a new machine that runs on a different OS from the old machine, you basically need to install a fresh new DualShield server on the new machine, then transfer the DualShield database and some other files from the old machine to the new machine. Below is the guide in steps.
On the old machine:
1. Stop the DualShield service
2. If the DualShield uses a local MySQL database, then export the DaulShield database
On the new Machine:
3. Install the latest DualShield server with EXACTLY the same FQDN as the old machine
4. Stop the DualShield service
5. If the DualShield uses a local MySQL database, then copy the database file "dualshield.sql" from the old machine to the new machine, and import it into the database
6. Copy the following files from the old machine:
C:\Program Files\Deepnet DualShield\certs\*.*
C:\Program Files\Deepnet DualShield\config\dbenc.jks
C:\Program Files\Deepnet DualShield\config\server-uuid
to the new machine in the same folders and overwrite those files on the new machine.
7. Copy the "cacerts" file in the folder below from the old machine,
C:\Program Files\Deepnet DualShield\jre\lib\security
to the new machine in a folder, say: C:\temp
8. Execute the following commands in the Windows console on the new machine:
9. Start the DualShield service on the new machine
10. Start the DualShield service on the old machine
11. Log onto the DualShield Console on the old machine, remove the license key.
12. Log onto the DualShield Console on the new machine, remove the license key and re-import the license key.