If you plan to include the update of your MYSQL database then please follow steps 1,2 & 3. Otherwise skip and go straight to Step 4.
1) Check database size
SELECT table_schema "DB Name",
ROUND(SUM(data_length + index_length) / 1024 / 1024, 1) "DB Size in MB"
GROUP BY table_schema;
2) If very big check how many records are in the log and log_field tables
Select count(*) from log_field;
Select count(*) from log;
3) If count very large, purge the tables
Drop table log_field;
Drop table log;
After dropping the log and log_field tables it is best practice to optimize the table sizes. This will ensure the table sizes will shrink down after the records are purged.
Please use the command optimize table log, log_field;
4) Run the DualShield Framework Upgrade file as Admin
5) Select Number '1' for DualShield Server:
6) Close any opened files under the DualShield Installation folder:
7a) You will be asked if you want to upgrade Tomcat. Press 'y' or 'n':
7b) You will then be asked if you want to upgrade MySQL*. Press 'y' or 'n':
*Mysql option will only appear if the customer is running the integrated MySQL server.
7c) You will then be asked if you want to upgrade Java. Press 'y' or 'n':
8) Let it run. This may take some time. Do not stop it.
9) Once complete Task manager will pop up automatically...
....You can then check when the TomCat service is back up and running fully.
10) Press any key to terminate Poweshell
11) Click close on the installation wizard:
12)Once complete check Tomcat version
To find the version of Tomcat you are currently running you need to browse to C:\Program Files\Deepnet DualShield\tomcat\logs and open up a file called catalina.< latest date> The file should open up in notepad. If you press ctrl+F and type 'tomcat/' in the Find What field, it should find the version number in the resulting search.
13) If you upgraded Mysql you can simply check the version by login in. It will tell you the version number upon login.
14) Check the version of Java.
The version of Java can be found in C:\Program Files\Deepnet DualShield\jre. Open the release file, in notepad.