This article explains how to decrypt RADIUS traffic captured by Wireshark when having authentication issues. Steps in this article explain how to decrypt the traffic to be able to see the username and passcode in plain text.
- Launch the Wireshark app.
- Capture the traffic
- Go to Edit > Preferences
- Click to expand the Protocols tree
- Scroll down and select RADIUS
- Enter the RADIUS shared secret and click OK to save
- Enter "radius" in the display filter to display RADIUS traffic only
- Select the "Access-Request" packet to examine