This tutorial shows how to configure a cluster with two DualShield Radius servers. This cluster is load-balanced by Citrix Netscaler load balancer.
- Create a fixed radius monitor user in your AD, eg: RadMonitor (note: Excluding this user from using 2 factor authentication)
- Go to NetScaler/Traffic Management/Load Balancing/Monitors, click "Add"
- Give the new monitor a name, e.g "Radius_Monitor", and select type "RADIUS"
- Click "Special Parameter" tab, and add the fixed monitor user name, password, and radius shared secret. Click "Create".
- Go to Traffic Management \ Load Balancing \ Servers. Click "Add".
- Provide Radius servers name and IP. Click "Create"
- Go to Traffic Management \ Load Balancing \ Service. Click "Add".
- Provide service name, select corresponding server, chose "UDP" protocol, and "1812" port. Click "OK"
- On the monitors section, bind the "Radius_monitor" created in previous step.
- Repeat the steps 5-9 to add all your radius server for load balancing.
- Go to Traffic Management \ Load Balancing \ Virtual Server. Click "ADD".
- Provide virtual server name, protocol "UDP", IP address, and port "1812". Click "OK"
- On the services and service groups section, bind all the radius services created in the previous steps.